Construction at PDG’s Boyd Village development, located at 132 Kavanagh Street in Southbank, has made significant progress since its commencement at the end of 2022.
As of early September, a series of achievements have been reached, demonstrating the project’s steady advancement:
• Main core complete to Level 2
• Secondary core complete to Level 1
• Upper ground slab pours 1-3 complete
• Level 1 formwork commenced
• Entry ramp formwork commenced
• Vertical insitu and precast elements ongoing, including the commencement of bricksnap precast to Upper Ground
The upcoming phases of construction promise to maintain this momentum and include:
• Completion of vertical insitu and precast elements to Upper Ground
• Completion of Upper Ground slab pour 4
• Continuation of service penetrations and cast-ins to slab
• Completion of Level 1 slab works
• Commencement of Level 2 slab works
This highly-anticipated project, in collaboration with Investa and Oxford Properties, is set to redefine inner-city living in Melbourne. Upon completion (expected 2025), it will offer 434 Build to Rent apartments, inclusive of 40 affordable rental dwellings earmarked for key workers for Investa’s Indi platform.
Investa will retain the tower and podium, with exception of the Ground Floor and Level 1 Council Facilities which will be owned and managed by the City of Melbourne.
Sustainability initiatives will aim to target a 5-star Green Star buildings rating, Climate Active net zero building certification, and best practice stormwater management.
The introduction of Build to Rent in Melbourne’s property market represents an exciting shift, presenting several distinct advantages when compared to the traditional Build to Sell model. These benefits include long-term stability for renters, enhanced amenities and services, and a stronger sense of community, aligning perfectly with the evolving demands of modern urban living.
Boyd Village is poised to become a cornerstone of Melbourne’s housing landscape, offering a new paradigm for city dwellers seeking high-quality, sustainable, and community-focused living arrangements.
To learn more about this exciting BTR project, click here.